[baisl] Re: A quote, a comment for an article...

  • From: Helen Huber <huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 09:04:01 -0700

I assume you mean on academic work rather than on skills/processes. I give
feedback on both. I did a lesson yesterday on interviewing skills for 6th
and later for 8th grades and gave feedback after students practiced taking
notes on a talk I gave about my first year of teaching when the maid pulled
a gun on me. Very engaging. I also gave feedback yesterday about time
management strategies for 5th graders in my advisory. Let me know if you
need additional info about this.
-h2

Helen Huber, CSB Librarian
huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
415-614-5117

Cathedral School for Boys
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

“We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting
each thing that comes up, seeing it as not as dreadful as it appears,
discovering that we have the strength to stare it down.”-Eleanor Roosevelt

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Debbie Abilock <dabilock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I’m writing on a piece about feedback and would like to some BAISL folks
in …

I’m interested in taking a temporal slice / snapshot of what you’re doing
right now rather than a generalized description…

1. Are you giving students feedback?

2. At what point? On what work?

3. What feels most successful – an example…?

4. Does the teacher you’re working with know what you’re doing or are you
handling this part solo?

I’d be happy to call or you can begin quickly via e-mail and I can loop
back if I need clarification.

Best,

debbie