Badges - and a thrill ran down my leg...

  • From: C D Rowsell <cd2u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:04:15 -0800

Couple of hours ago I watched Air Force One depart. (I can see SFO
departures from where I live from the 28 Left or right runways.)
There were 3 C-17's and 3 CH-47 (Chinook) helicopters used to support POTUS
when he rolled in here to SF. Quite a production. Because SFO is on San
Francisco Bay and the departure route goes over water past the Golden Gate
Bridge, the coast guard gets their helicopters and their patrol boats
involved. Quite an operation to say the least. One interesting point was
there were arrivals again at SFO within five minutes of AF1 going wheels up.
I thought the airport was locked down longer on the departure side.

CD

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997