Badges - Re: Two police officers shot in Springfield, a third person reported killed

  • From: "Joseph R. Smith" <fedcop844@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 19:23:11 -0400

Bad guy was an escapee from the minimum security prison in the Town of
Shirley, MA.  He was serving a 4 to 6 stint for firearm possession and drug
offenses.  According to recent reports bad guy was a Springfield gang banger
and escaped because his mother was shot recently and he was looking for
retribution over her being shot in the leg.  Bad guy is currently in
critical condition after being shot 6 times by Springfield and State Police.
The Springfield Officer and the Trooper were both hit in their Kevlar and
received minor injuries, both officers were treated and released.  Reports
state that the Trooper was hit just above his breast plate.