Badges - Re: Our gov't

  • From: C D Rowsell <cd2u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 18:51:53 -0800

Apparently, very well according to Gator. He has been flagged for sure on
some list if they pulled him aside. I do know how the No Fly list works. And
I know how the airline PNR (Passenger Name Record) works intimately. I can
tell you if the Gate Agent pulled Gator aside, something was indicated on
his PNR which 'flagged' him. The Gate Agent in processing the passengers who
checked in has all kinds of information about everyone boarding, including a
list of anyone the TSA has requested the Gate Agent to contact and make that
kind of request. (Gate Agents are the 'last line' of defense of who gets on
an aircraft.) If Gator had refused to cooperate, the airline can choose to
deny boarding, at their discretion. FYI, the airlines have more than a few
headaches complying with TSA requirements, ESPECIALLY the No Fly list.
Think of it like the FBI. If you send the FBI a request (under the Freedom
of Information Act) inquiring if they have a file on you, some interesting
things happen. If you don't have a file, after the request, you sure as hell
do now. I am sure it is the same with the TSA and making a complaint. As for
them 'getting even' with Gator, that is not the 'stated' case. But you can
BET it may be part of the reason he got flagged, especially after the
'Underpants Bomber' got past all the systems and gatekeepers.

CD

From: C D Rowsell <cd2u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: badges-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 18:07:10
To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You are now an official 'person of interest' from the viewpoint of TSA!