Badges - Re: My pistol

  • From: "Sandy" <tsand59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:10:53 -0500

I have carried a Stainless Colt Commander since 1983 but the department has decided to issue weapons. They issued me a 357 Sig and I qualified yesterday. Handles different from the Colt but shoot very well. Now if I can get used to the holster. It has the hood that covers the weapon with a thumb release.

Sandy

----- Original Message ----- From: "CarlGlas" <CarlGlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: C D Rowsell <cd2u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: badges-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 19:35:48
To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is that polished hard chrome? If so, who did you have do the polish and
chrome for you? BTW this is the 100th anniversary of the 1911! I see you
kept the original sights. I have two Gold Cups, but I am trying to get my
first one back from Jim Hoag. It will have the old Bomar rear sight on it
which I have had since the 80's and never installed. Can't get them anymore
which is a shame. Did you keep the Gold Cup sear and spring? Most people
don't that the little pin to hold it all together when you reassemble it so the leave them out. BTW, you can order the parts direct from Midway USA if
you need them.

CD
The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997

Ni°­zS²oº·