Badges - Re: Interesting.....

  • From: C D Rowsell <cd2u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 01:07:46 -0700

Peter was one of a kind to be sure. The first time I met him was at a Del Taco
at 2200 hrs. (he was buying the chain for Far West Services) and he was working
the drive up window!  What ‘sold’ him on using us was getting him through
security at LAX for a flight on Pan Am to Japan without having to offload all
his stuff. (Never happen today.) I knew several of the LAPD  brass who handled
the airport and told them I was bringing a VIP through. Peter used to wear two
watches, one which was also a calculator, and carried coins and other
miscellaneous things in his pockets. It really bugged him to have to take it
all off since it took so much time.  As soon as we walked him around the
scanner, he looked at me and wanted to know ‘How DID you do that?’ I told him I
just dropped his name to some people I knew at LAX security and they bent over
backwards for him. Peter said ‘Bullsh*t, they have no idea who I am. How did
you really do it?’ For the next 3 years, if Peter was anywhere in CA, we were
all but joined at the hip. This included having other company types pulled off
his Gulfstream G-II to accommodate us as he flew around the State.
BTW, there is a special place in HELL waiting for the scum that took his
company away from him on the last day of his life. Peter was tough but fair and
personable to all, and NEVER deserved being treated like that by the Board and
shareholders.

CD