Badges - Re: HCSO: Dad shoots man holding daughter hostage

  • From: codi_kerss@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 08:27:45 +0000

I agree...  Too bad he didn't shoot the mom!
Sent via BlackBerry smartphone by Cellular One of East Texas

From: CarlGlas@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: badges-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 02:09:16
To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Badges - HCSO: Dad shoots man holding daughter hostage

Talk about your scumbag mother!

HOUSTON -

One of two men who grabbed a teenage girl as she was leaving for
school Friday was shot by her father, investigators said.

Harris County sheriff's deputies said the girl's mother orchestrated the plot.

Investigators said the men grabbed the girl in the 9200 block of
Woodland Oaks Drive near Breezeway Street about 6:45 a.m.

"(The suspect) grabs her around the neck in kind of a chokehold and
puts a pistol up to her head," said Jeff Stauber of the Harris County
Sheriff's Office.

The men made the girl take them back to her house and unlock the
front door, detectives said.

Deputies said the girl's father, Richard Goodie, heard the commotion,
grabbed a gun and fired a shot through the door.

The father went outside and found his daughter was being held
hostage, detectives said.

Investigators said one of the men threatened to kill the girl if
Goodie did not back down.

"(The suspect) started dragging the young girl into the street,"
Stauber said. "There was some separation, and, at that point, the
daddy was able to fire one shot at the suspect."

Goodie shot the man, Michael Hendricks, in the stomach, deputies said.

The man was taken by helicopter to Memorial Hermann Hospital. His
condition has not been released.

Detectives said the other man ran and stole a vehicle from a nearby
home. The owner of the vehicle said she ran inside when she heard gunshots.

"I was outside, turned on my truck, went back to the house, came back
outside and they took my truck," Pat Garcia said. "They stole it from
my driveway."

The girls' mother, Deanna Horn, drove up to the scene, crying about the attack.

Investigators said Horn hired the men to rob her daughter's father
after he received a $17,000 settlement for a car wreck.

Detectives said Horn dropped the men off in front of the home.

Horn and Hendricks have been charged with aggravated robbery.

Goodie said his daughter was physically OK, but she was shaken up.

The stolen vehicle is a 2008 Saturn Outlook with Texas license plate
No. CL4 J425.

Video:
http://www.click2houston.com/news/HCSO-Dad-shoots-man-holding-daughter-hostage/-/1735978/4783348/-/59c6vnz/-/index.html

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997