Badges - Re: Carry

  • From: Charles Rahn <c.t.rahn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Badges <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:20:10 -0400

We sure see it as a nationwide carry permit. The law gives us the authority to
carry nationwide providing we meet the minimum qualifications set forth by law.
We have to qualify at least once a year and have an ID card that indicates that
we did.
What do you mean when you say it was not intended to be a nationwide carry?
Gator

> From: hmellon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Badges - Re: Carry
> Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 00:52:56 -0400
>
> To clarify so people remember what it is.  HR-218 is an exemption for
> qualified serving and retired LE from state laws regarding carrying of
> firearms.   It is a limited exemption.  It is not and was not intended to be
> a "nationwide carry permit."
>
> Comment made since a lot of people are becoming very cavalier about what
> they think they have to do to maintain that exemption, and well, none of us
> want to be the test case.
>
> Howard

Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997