Badges - LODD

  • From: Charles Rahn <c.t.rahn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Badges 1Badge <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 14:41:42 -0400

 Brothers and Sisters;     Early this morning, Hernando County Deputy Sheriff
John Mecklenburg, 35, a two year veteran, was involved in a pursuit of a
reckless driver in Hernando County on U.S. 41.  Deputy Mecklenburg lost control
of his vehicle which struck a tree and caught fire.  He was critically injured
and flown to St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa.With deep regret, we have been
informed that Deputy Sheriff John Mecklenburg succumbed to his fatal injuries.
Deputy Mecklenburg is survived by his wife and two children.  The suspect in
the pursuit led officers through 4 counties and was captured in Pinellas County
by the FHP.Deputy Mecklenburg is the 11th line of duty death here in Florida in
2011 and is a grim reminder of the inherent dangers our law enforcement
officers face every day while serving their communities.Our sincere and
heartfelt sympathy and condolences go out to the family, friends and co-workers
of Deputy Mecklenburg and the fine men and women of the Hernando County
Sheriff's Office.  Say a prayer for John and always keep the promise we make to
"never forget" his service and sacrifice.
God's speed Deputy Sheriff John Mecklenburg.  May he rest in peace.
Gator