Badges - Internal Affairs

  • From: Charles Rahn <c.t.rahn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Badges 1Badge <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 00:44:21 -0400

Palm Beach Gardens, a mostly up scale bedroom community, has a PD with approx
150 sworn officers. They have one person, a commander, that handles any
internal affairs that come in. Most complaints are handled by the street Sgt.
There are less than a half dozen IA complaints filed a year in this department.
The city is the largest in square miles in Palm Beach County, about 65 square
miles. The population is about 50,000. I was surprised about the lack of IA
investigations for a department of this size.
I rode with a Sgt here last night, he is a 20 yr veteran and a Marine. He is a
great person and I look forward to riding with him again. He sure enlightened
me about this city. We actually live in North Palm Beach, a real bedroom
community. Palm Beach Gardens is about 1/2 mile from us.
Gator

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997