Badges - Adm. William McRaven: The terrorist hunter on whose shoulders Osama bin Laden raid rested

  • From: C D Rowsell <cd2u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 01:20:32 -0700

My apologies in advance to Edgar Allen Poe, for my liberal plagiarism of
parts of "The Raven", but it just seemed to fit so well!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while he pondered, wreaking terror war,
Over many a quaint and curious video of his exploits and lore,
While he nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bashing,
As of someone rudely rapping, rapping at his compound door.
"'Tis some visitor", he surely muttered, "rudely bashing at my chamber
door."
"Only this and nothing more."

Open here he flung the shutter, when, with nary a flirt and flutter,
In stepped stately SEAL's of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made they; not a minute stopped or stayed they;
But, with mien of total disdain, surging  through his chamber door
His wife upon them as they entered through his chamber door
They poised and shot, then he knew nothing more.

But McRaven still beguiling all his SEAL's were also smiling,
Straight he wheeled a cushioned seat in front of console and  desk and
monitor;
There upon the controls and lights were blinking, McRaven betook himself to
linking
Network unto network, thinking what this ominous terrorist of yore
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous terrorist of yore
Came the coding so many long to hear, meaning SEAL's have found him nothing
more.

Startled at the stillness broken by the code so aptly spoken,
"Geronimo", said one, what he utters is the code no one has said before
The name of one grand native master, this meant success and not disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till this terrorist puppet master was no
more
Till the dirges of his passing and the melancholy burden thousands bore
Asked the status of his passing, quote McRaven - "nevermore".

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997