[badgerstatevolunteers] Re: Tri - Fold

  • From: SE Wisconsin Volunteers <sewivolunteers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:58:29 -0600

I guess we'll need clarification.   Badger State Volunteers is not a group
of keyboard commandos or talkers.  We are Do'ers.  We get out and do our
best to be prepared while teaching others to do so as well.  In order to do
this realistically and effectively much of this is done in person with
hands-on training.  We also understand that when the chips are down that
nobody wins while going it alone!  With this in mind we don't keep folks
from joining our online groups and getting involved in discussions.  However
until we have seen someone in action and they have proven themselves in
person that it is something that they do in fact know how to do, then
frankly we just consider that person a talker.
So here it is in black and white, plain and simple.
Now, Ranger you said that you were "not social by nature" and seems you'd
rather keep it that way.  That's your thing and I wish you the best doing
it.
Geographically you can't make our local meetings which is understandable as
well, which is why we have offered charters in other areas of Wisconsin.
You said you don't feel the need to be friends with anyone.  Okay no harm no
foul there either. However you will have to keep in mind that if you do not
wish to be friends with the people within the group then you'll be treated
as such.  You will have to accept the role in which you have created for
yourself which is a silent observer with no input.  This isn't meant to
sound harsh but it is as blunt and polite as it can be.  This way everyone
be sure of where all of us stand on this matter.

Sincerly,
Badger State Volunteers