[badgerstatevolunteers] Re: Leaders

  • From: lomax <chac2ook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 07:50:17 -0600

LOL....ok french fry, consensus is a good thing, I think the leadership
concept, more than anything else releases the rest of the group from
critical thinking and people will have a tendancy to wait for the leader to
start some thing up. The structure concept for the meetings however is
easy. Anyone can set a topic for the meeting, each person that comes up with
a topic brings their concerns and research to the meeting and takes the lead
in the discussion. Personally Spike, I'm not sure what you're looking for,
are you looking for someone to give directives? Make assignments? We seem to
be moving in the right direction. So far in review, as a group we have
chosen and tested close quarter coms, field tested a variety of gear and
have decided which works best, ie; GI sleep system vs Walmart Sleeping
bag. We've tried a variety of foods, cooking and hydration systems, and have
a couple of range outings under our belts. We have decided on one firm bivy
point and have 2 or 3 more potential sites pending, I repeat, as a group,
without a Potato. Right now X is working on an SOP for future outings and
such and for the next meeting we can discuss an SOP for meeting structure. I
prefer a leaderless system only because it eliminates pissing contests and
because everyone has something to bring to the table and should be able to
take the lead in their area of expertise. Boy Scout, have you asked your
Grampa about us camping out on his land? Just curious.

--
**
*freeman lomax*