[badgerstatevolunteers] Group on Life Support

  • From: kevin Joyner <joynerkev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badger-state-volunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:18:17 -0500

Okay so here is the deal.  The group began on life support which is
something that I expected.  What I also expected was for this group to
gather like minded individuals who were ready and willing to do what is
needed without a baby sitter or a leader to tell them what to do and to grow
away from life support.  Self-sufficiency as individuals as well as a group
was and is the goal.  I knowIn everyone has their things, life in general,
jobs, obligations etc...  I also have these responsibilities and more and
have sacrificed those responsibilities, probably more than I should have
because this really means a lot to me.
I can assure you that I already have a network of folks locally that leaves
me no need to worry about what I will need to do in a SHTF situation.  My
goal with this group was to make sure that others would have less to worry
about as well.  But when others are not putting in the effort then there is
only so much that I can do.  In all honesty, this group has proven to be
just as dependent and helpless as it was before it even started.  So this is
how it is going to play out now.  I'm taking the group off of life support
(Me) and whether it lives or dies is up to you (the group).  If it dies I
will not come in and bring it back to life.  I will remain silent unless I
see that folks actually care enough to take initiative and try to get
meetings and events arranged and organized as a group.  I am now just a
watcher and I will either watch this die or watch it grow!

Kevin J
“Far Better it is to Dare Mighty Things than to take rank with those poor,
timid spirits Who know Neither Victory nor Defeat.”
Theodore Roosevelt

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat,
nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a
sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I
am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep
with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep
and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let
them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure
is not my destiny.