[badgerstatevolunteers] Re: Field op SOP

  • From: "Joe" <virtualadonis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:51:08 -0600

Yes structure!
SPIKE

From: kevin Joyner
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 3:35 PM
To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Joe
Subject: [badgerstatevolunteers] Re: Field op SOP

What is their to agree or disagree with in the SOP?  This is the need for
structure that is getting handled.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Joe <virtualadonis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  All this is good stuff. However not everyone is reading or paying attention
to this. All of this should be discussed in a meeting and what is agreed on
then put out to the people. Thus the need for structure we will all be on the
same page.
  SPIKE

  -----Original Message----- From: xcopdaddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 2:52 PM
  To: badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [badgerstatevolunteers] Field op SOP

  We had a few problems last time

  Nuttin big

  Field training op SOP:

  All those participating should bring FULL BOB and line gear to all
  field ops unless otherwise instructed.  To include minimum field
  gear (See WRAM posted gear list). Firearm and target ammo. Clothing
  appropriate to conditions. Head gear, body armor, load carry
  equipment, field knife ect.  Not all items will always be used, but
  this will prevent people missing out on training because they
  didn't bring gear.

  Comms:  1 radio (of the agreed style and system) per 2 persons
  should be brought to all outdoor operations.  Radios should be
  charged and in working order.

  Medic:  EVERYONE shall bring a personal first aid kit.  At least 2
  "squad" level 1st aid kits should be present.  1 carried by the
  designated medic. 1 as a backup.

  Procedure:
  Personnel shall meet at agreed time in agreed muster point.
  Head count shall be taken and radios/ medical equipment/ other
  equipment handed out as needed.

  Movement to training area should be done as an organized march,
  Either as a file (esp if in public view) or in wedge patrol
  formation.

  When training area is reached group shall fan out and sweep area
  and set up 360 security before conducting training.

  NON group movement should be done in buddy teams for safety and
  tactical reasons.  No one should ever go anywhere alone.

  Training block: Training should be laid out in advance if
  particular equipment is required. Rappelling gear, tools, camp
  gear, flash lights, paintball guns etc.

  Training blocks should be organized in a "crawl" basic info "walk"
  very basic practice "run" full speed blocks for safety and ease of
  under standing.  ABOVE all safety should be a top priority of all
  training.

  NO illegal activities should ever be advocated by training.

  Instruction should be conducted without interruption for
  efficiency, instructors should however pause as often as is
  practical, to allow for questions.

  At each field training op it would be optimal to conduct 3 blocks
  of training.  Each block should, be integrally related to one
  another if at all possible.

  Security: For practice at field exercises during instruction 2
  members should be providing simulated over watch.  This should
  rotate, through buddy teams in blocks of time evenly distributed
  through the buddy teams. Unless other wise designated.

  Breaks:
  for water/ bathroom/ ect should be offered approx every hour.  Mid
  day a field kitchen should be set up in some manner and field
  cooking/ mess should be conducted in "bug out mode" if at all
  possible.  Attention should be paid to not giving away location by
  noise, smoke, waste ect while cooking if at all possible.

  At conclusion of training block personnel should discuss training
  and relevant issues to the general group, but security should be
  continued through the duration of the operation for training
  purposes.  Location sec should also be attempted to be kept through
  noise, light, smoke discipline whenever possible.

  close of training:
  The area should be policed for any and all garbage or items that
  would violate OPSEC. Extraction and egress from training area
  should follow the same procedures as entry.

  Borrowed equipment should be returned to owner or to group supply.
  LACE (Liquid Ammo Casualty Equipment) report should be verbally
  taken for future reference as to set up parameters of supply needs,
  individual hazards equipment needs ans the like.

  Head count should again be taken before dismissal of personnel.

  AAR: At least 1 after action report should be generated for each
  Field training operation by at least 1 designated participant and
  any other person who wishes to write one.  Basic summary of the
  activities, problems encountered, solutions found, any other events
  of significance should be noted. 3 things to sustain and 3 things
  to improve should be submitted.  The report(s)should be reviewed at
  the next planning meeting (non field meeting).  Format should
  follow previous ex if possible.

  Discuss adjust as yall wish.

  That's what i can come up with with a sleeping baby on me.

Kevin J
====================
“Far Better it is to Dare Mighty Things than to take rank with those poor,
timid spirits Who know Neither Victory nor Defeat.”
Theodore Roosevelt

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat,
nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a
sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I
am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep
with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep
and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let
them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure
is not my destiny.