[badgerstatevolunteers] Re: [FWD: Here Comes the Radiation To our Doorsteps]

  • From: Joe SPIKE <virtualadonis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BSV freelist <badgerstatevolunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 03:59:14 -0500

Your graphic is labeled potential release (who is the source). NOAA says it is
possible which any good scientist will say.

Radioiodine 131 is beta decay and has a half life of 8 days. It has a use in
medical procedures. Plastic and distance can be used to form an efficient
barrier for dealing with high energy beta radiation. If the particles make it
into the jet stream they would reach the US west cost in about a day. I have
good evidence, other than common since, that Japan is shielding themselves from
contamination as best they can. Meaning that the problem for them is the water.

http://www.mass.gov On 27 March 2011, the Massachusetts Department of Public
Health reported that 131I was detected in rainwater from samples collected in
Massachusetts, USA, and that this likely originated from the Fukushima power
plant. Air samples at the same location have shown no detectable radiation.
There is no health impact to state drinking water supplies as a result of these
findings, and state and federal health officials emphasized that there are no
anticipated public health concerns.

This radiation damages cells when it enters through the skin due to close
proximity to the source which we are not. Ingesting this radiation would be the
potential hazard for us and can cause thyroid damage in children however the
treatment of iodine is effective.

More people die in car accidents in America every year than died as a direct
cause of the Russia Chernobyl accident which was way worse than this. I am not
joining in the hype of the No Nuke power plant crowd. Knowledge is power!

spike

From: projects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [badgerstatevolunteers] [FWD: Here Comes the Radiation To our
Doorsteps]