[bactttoma] Re: cd burning query

  • From: taylor family <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 20:57:21 +1000

From Steven Taylor.

Ok here goes and do not trust my information to be 100 percent accurate.

Firstly,  the maximum burn speed should not usually be a problem for any errors.

Second, your question about the number of files per disk will depend on the
size of the actual files sizes you are attempting to burn to the disk.

Let me give you an example.

I bought the lord of the rings on mp3 disk.

This took 3 disks to actually burn but my Mac burner was so good, it let me
know just how much was burnt and what was left to burn to disk.

Note.  I bought this from audible.com and once I downloaded it to the Mac burnt
it to disk, no problems.

Third, glad to hear you bought a cleaning kit and rewritable disks you  must
remember to protect them once you have written the burnt files to the disks,
note, you need to mark the files as protected, don't remember how it's done for
windows users, but can give you tips for Mac users using Mac 10.6.3 os.

On 15/05/2010, at 1:12 PM, Marvin Hunkin wrote:

> hi.
> well got a cleaner kit for my dvd / cd rom drive.
> as some cd -r disks would burn using express burn, at max rate, then tried it
> at 24 x, and one time at 8 x.
> now got a jvc boom box or portable stereo or could be called portable ipod /
> small audio.
> cd boom box.
> it comes with a media player.
> if i burn say tracks as a data disk.
> now purchased some rewriteables today from harvey norman.
> how many mp3s, wmas, could i put on one stadnard data cd, burning using
> express burn.
> or other accessible audio burning software.
> and what speed do i need to burn so it burns correctly and does not give me
> errors.
> and how to use the media player.
> have not used it.
> can i just play it like a regular cd.
> i have the cd tray, with the play, repeat toggle buttons.
> a button, which is push button for forward, then below a button for rewind.
> has a single cassette player, am / fm radio, base, graphic eqaliser, two
> speakers, and a media player.
> have not use th e media player feature yet.$99  harvey norman.
> but cannot find the model number.
> so how to use this.
> any ideas.
> would it be better just to burn to as a data disk, to mp3, wmas, etc.
> if you have had experience using and burning audio tracks, from your cds, or
> off the net let me know.
> any ideas would be fine.
> marvin.at

To Leave bactttoma send an email to: