[bactttoma] Re: Looking for new mobile phone and i s p providers please

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:42:33 +1000

Our good friends at Optus don't service home phones in Melton any more.

As for pre paid, yep, they got some good deals.

I will take a look at this other one but it's looking a a p t is my only
alternative because they at least service the area for repairs and give
discounts for pensioners of 10 percent effectively the gst is wiped out.

On 12/04/2010, at 7:21 PM, adam Morris wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> I'd suggest
> www.iinet.net.au
>
> You can bundle home phone and internet.
>
> They don't charge for uploads and a wonder of wonders, tech support is
> australian based and open 24/7.
>
> You can also get VOIP with them.
>
> Optus for mobile have prepaid where you get 3000 minutes per month to mobile
> networks.
>
> Optus do offer plans with home and mobile calling but I've heard the speeds
> are slow and it depends on how many people in your area are using the cable.
>
> TPG also give good pricing but support is in the Philipines and are hard to
> deal with like Telstra.
>
> IINet are a bit dearer than tpg but you get what you pay for.
>
> Another one if you can't get iinet is
> www.internode.on.net
>
> Australian support and also don't charge for uploads.
>
> hth.

Use "subscribe"
welcome message again or
will give you more