[bactttoma] Fwd: [DBAust] Bionic Vision Australia

  • From: steven taylor <steven_taylor10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bactttoma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:22:32 +1000

Begin forwarded message:

From: "claire tellefson" <desktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 May 2010 3:13:43 PM AEST
To: <dbaust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DBAust] Bionic Vision Australia

Bionic Vision Australia welcomes Australian Government announcement on bionic eye funding
Thursday, 23 April 2009 00:00
The Chairman of Bionic Vision Australia, Professor Emeritus David Penington, today welcomed the announcement by the Prime Minister of funding of $50.7m over four years to support the development of an advanced bionic eye in Australia.

"Bionic Vision Australia congratulates the Australian Government on its announcement that it will allocate $50.7m over four years towards the development of a bionic eye. This funding will build on Australia's track record in developing the bionic ear, and recognises the importance of maintaining Australia's position at the forefront of medical bionics", Professor Penington said.

"We also welcome the decision to implement a rigorous selection process to select the team or teams best placed to develop a functional bionic eye. I am delighted that Bionic Vision Australia has been able to assemble a team of world-class experts across several disciplines who possess the necessary skills and expertise to address this exciting opportunity. This team will build further on their decade-long, internationally respected expertise in bionic vision research. We look forward to submitting a detailed proposal to the Government to make this vision a reality", he said.
http://www.bionicvision.org.au

Messages in this topic (1)
RECENT ACTIVITY:
Visit Your Group