[b1-tennis] Re: Facebook post re cord for Newcastle-style tactile lines

  • From: "Nadeem Mughal" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "nadeem.dinmughal" for DMARC)
  • To: b1-tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 16:25:52 +0100

Hi Nikhil just to let you know,
it is white 5mm bungee Cord from B&Q, that we use up in Newcastle. I hope that is of some help to you?

Nadeem

On 07/07/2016 13:43, Nikhil Nair wrote:

Hi all,

For those of you not on Facebook, I'm copying a post I just made on the VI
Tennis UK group.  Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nikhil.

Facebook post:

Can any of the Newcastle folks give me some info about the tactile lines you use - particularly the cord that you put under
the tape? I'd like to buy some, fairly urgently.

By way of background (for anyone interested), all the B1 players at the northeast tournament agreed that the tactile lines
were a lot better than those used at the 2015 nationals. As such, I've asked Alex if we can use them for the Cambridge
tournament, and he's amenable to that, provided we can get hold of the cord in time to trial it at one of our sessions.
That's perfectly reasonable, of course.

Only trouble is, I'm not quite sure what the cord is: bungee cord, possibly (I think I was told that last year, but I'm not
sure if that's right); and I don't know what diameter has been used.

Aside from the type of cord, I understand the main difference is that the tape is put down all the way along the cord, rather
than short strips going across it, as has been done elsewhere. That prevents any possible trip hazards.. The tape we've been
using is just as broad as that used in Newcastle, and is very sticky, so we're fine for that.

So, can anyone help me out re the cord?