[b1-tennis] Email for the B1 players (fwd)

  • From: Nikhil Nair <nnair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: b1-tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 16:09:19 +0100 (BST)

Hi folks,

Just FYI.

Cheers,

N.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 14:38:33 +0000
From: Disability Tennis <disabilitytennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "nnair@xxxxxxxxx" <nnair@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Email for the B1 players

Forwarded by the Tennis Foundation on behalf of Nikhil Nair.

Dear all,

Thanks to Hugh Stirling, who's forwarding this email on my behalf, this email
is going to all the B1 players who were at the
tournament last weekend.

It was a real pleasure to meet you all - or, in the cases of Lara and Dave, who
I'd met before, to catch up with you again.
If a convenient moment had presented itself, I'd have exchanged contact details
with everyone; unfortunately, that didn't
happen, but hopefully this will do well enough.

If you'd like to contact me, please do feel free: you can reach me by email at
nnair@xxxxxxxxx, or by phone/text on 07708
113021.

Aside from one-to-one contact, however, a few of the B1 players who were at the
Cambridge tournament in July thought it a
good idea for the B1 players to keep in touch, as a group.  Peter Bosher
suggested setting up an email mailing-list, and,
when we agreed it was a good idea, went ahead and did the technical stuff for
us.  If you're unfamiliar with mailing-lists of
this sort, they're very simple: any time one of the members sends an email to
the list address (in this case
b1-tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx), it gets sent on to all the members; when we reply to
a message, we also send that to the list
address, so it becomes a communal discussion.

I hope you'll all join us on the list - but of course, it's completely up to
you.

Instructions for joining the list:

It's very easy to join.

1.  Send an email to b1-tennis-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; put the word "subscribe"
(without the quotes, of course) in the
subject line; and don't worry about what's in the body of the email, as that
gets ignored.

2.  You'll get an automated email in response.  That's just a security measure,
to stop someone else signing you up to a list
you didn't actually want to join.  Follow the simple instructions in the email,
and you'll be added to the list straight
away.

3.  After that, I'd suggest sending a test message to b1-tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, just
saying "hi" and that you've joined.  If
you get a copy come back to you, you'll know it's working properly - and, of
course, you can expect at least one person to
reply, welcoming you to the list.

One other thing: this list is specifically for discussion of B1 tennis (rather
than VI tennis as a whole), but it isn't
restricted to players.

Please do pass this email on to anyone else you know - particularly in your
club - who you think might be interested, whether
they're a player, a coach, a volunteer, or an administrator.

Thanks!

Best wishes,

Nikhil.