[aztec-devel] Misc Comments...

  • From: Jordan Wilberding <diginux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aztec-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:08:38 -0600

Since a break from school is finally coming up I just wanted to wish everyone
a happy holidays! With the break coming I am going to finally have some free
time(woohoo!) and hopefully I will get the new GUI code started. I hope that
if I get a good start that after that I will be able to easier to do a little
here and there and it should go alot smoother. Below is message I received
today from Acrid and he had some ideas, so I thought I would pass those along
as well.
Anways, I hope you all enjoy your vacations(if you get them) and have a nice
day :)

=========================
From: "Acrid-" <harvi@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jordan Wilberding" <diginux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:16:50 -0800

I wish I knew object. Been looking over the code but its over my head right
now to help out.

MD3
Just a suggestion, but you shouldnt include these animation cfg like this.
Unless this is a prelude to a cfg editor/player.

Reason being there are more than just animated player models. People will
like to work on seperate player parts, weapon models, map models that don't
use cfgs or custom animated weapon models that use different cfgs.

Also tag support would be nice. I haven't tried to import a player model
yet, but weapon and hand models arent being imported with the tags. Instead
of coding it to look for certain tags you should look for all tags "tag_*".

You might try getting the q2 meddle source for format help. It supported
md2s etc.

--
Jordan Wilberding <diginux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Diginux.net Sys Admin