[aztec-devel] Re: Changing the way functions are handled

  • From: richard <rm.vaneijbergen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aztec-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 09:53:49 +0200

On 2002.07.09 07:22 Jordan Wilberding wrote:

> where
> > >
> > > I have no idea. I'd ask my pet penguin, but I don't have one :)
> >
> > I propose we follow the LSB (Linux Standard Base), and go by
> > whatever it says. I personally have never read the LSB yet so I am
> hoping
> > Richard knows this one !
>
> Well after reading the LSB it appears that when a system admin builds
> from source and installs it should be in the /usr/local/bin directory.
> But,
> when you install strictly binary packages (rpm or what not) then it
> should
> be in the /opt/<program>/bin directory.
>
> So anyways, what does everyone else think about this? Is following the
>
> LSB a good idea?
>
> -Jordan Wilberding

Personally I heavely disagree with /usr/local/bin because I really
dislike putting everything into one directory..
(or even when it's /usr/local/bin/aztec, ack!)

Fortunately, my own /usr/local/bin is completely empty so it wouldn't
be that worse for me (but I still dislike it)

I guess it all depends on what Phillip, Xander and Vincent would like
to..

- Richard