[AZ-Observing] Re: tonight

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wes Edens <edensw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:59:19 -0700

Wes, the Sky Clock for Flat Iron doesn't start looking good until after
9:0pm MST.  The visible satellite image animations don't seem to be
working but the image from 2:00pm has lots of clouds all over Arizona.
The Phoenxi NWS gives the following report,

.TODAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S. LIGHT WIND IN THE
MORNING...BECOMING SOUTHWEST 5 TO 15 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S TO LOWER 60S.
SOUTHWEST WIND 5 TO 15 MPH IN THE EVENING...BECOMING LIGHT AFTER
MIDNIGHT.

Based on the above I'm going to pass for tonight at Flat Iron.  The
report for Saturday follows,

.SATURDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS
IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER TO MID 80S. SOUTHWEST WIND 10
TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 10 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S TO LOWER 60S.
NORTHWEST WIND 10 TO 20 MPH.

This seems a little better and I'll hope for the better.

Wish tonight were the better of the two.

Clear skies,
aj