[AZ-Observing] test and introduction

  • From: "Ted Forte" <tedforte511@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:11:37 -0700

Hello,

This is to test my new subscription to the list and introduce myself.  If
you are reading this message, then I owe thanks to Tom Polakis and Doug
Snyder for their help in subscribing.

I'm new to Arizona (but I got here as soon as I could.) I relocated from
Virginia last June.  I have a home observatory outside of Sierra Vista with
a 30-inch Starsplitter Dob and an 18-inch Obsession Dob.  Both scopes are
equipped with the Stellar Cat dual axis drive system and Argo Navis DTCs.  I
purchased the 30-inch (along with the house and observatory) from Gary
Meyers - the proprietor of Stellar Cat. My 18 is nearly 14 years old, battle
scarred, and well traveled.

I do visual astronomy and have been observing for 30 years or so.  I retired
earlier this year and now can devote more time to observing than I ever had
before.   I look forward to sharing these wonderful Arizona skies with all
of you.

Ted Forte