[AZ-Observing] Re: telescope troubles

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:38:28 -0500

---- AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'll give Orion a call this afternoon, as I should be over my stomach virus
> then...

AJ,

Sorry to hear the telescope troubles have given you stomach problems.  My
favorite example of the "+ and -" longitude problem is on the popular
heavens-above site, where users are asked to enter their latitude and
longitude.  On a map that shows the geographical distribution of visitors is a
nice mirror image of the United States in south-central Asia.

http://heavens-above.com/geodistrib.asp?lat=33.415&lng=-111.909&alt=364&loc=Tempe&TZ=Arizona