[AZ-Observing] Re: telescope troubles

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:21:05 -0700

You would think that engineers would adhere to the KISS principle. I think
the reasoning is that by using the reverse offset, they avoid having to deal
with negative numbers, at least for the largest segment of their markets.
Although I'd think that for people smart enough to program these things,
dealing with a negative would be awfully simple. If they think they are
making easy on the EU by not having to them think about negatives, They
should consider that a simple mention in the Destructions that "ALL TIME
ZONES in North America are Minus". Of course this presumes the EU will
actually read the destructions.

Enough ranting, I gotta deal with time zone illiterates all day at work: I
need my package in Honk Kong by 0800 tomorrow morning. It usually comes as a
surprise that that is only 4 hours away.

Rant mode off
Rick Tejera
President
Editor SACnews