[AZ-Observing] still need that bulb ID

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:05:00 -0700

Fellow Stargazers: Got a lot of good feedback from forum members that
I'll be forwarding Monday to Ann Dunn, the lady in Buckeye with the
light pollution issue. I'll leave out the more "destructive" solutions
for those offensive bulbs, e.g., 22 caliber sky darkeners. :)  I thank
you all for your input. But I still need a volunteer to go out there and
do a positive ID on those lights, which I strongly suspect are mercury
vapor. Violation of ARS 49-7, if true, would open several additional
options for a remedy. Ann says she'll provide soda and cookies for any
volunteer. I'll wait for responses through this weekend, but need to
wrap this up next week. If anybody can do this, email me off-list and
I'll provide contact info and a location map. Many thanks. -Dan Heim