[AZ-Observing] specks flying in formation

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:14:16 -0700

Last night when we were watching the Pleiades get occulted, I noticed specks
flying across the Moon.  At first just one or two here and there I discounted
them as floaters or dust or something, but  they were soon followed by an
entire gaggle ~maybe 30 or so in the standard V formation but still nothing
more than just specks. I noticed a few more stragglers after that.  So, I'm
thinking probably some migrating geese or cranes?  Did anyone else notice? We
were using about 100x. If they were geese flying in front of the Moon, how far
away do you think they were?