[AZ-Observing] Re: [sac-forum] July 28 from Cave Creek

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:40:15 -0700

Morning of 29 July from West Side of Phoenix

While I went to bed early on Monday, I was up at 3:30 AM today
observing. The sky was the best I have seen it in a long time. The
waning Moon was low to the East with lots of Earth shine. The
temperature in the observatory was a very comfortable 82. Observing
went well.

It is a real joy to observe early morning like that. No planes or
other actively. The world is asleep. One gets the feeling of being
alone and one with the universe. Great time!

Jeff

At 00:38 -0700 07/29/2008, Richard Harshaw wrote:
Tonight (July 28) was awesome from Cave Creek.  Although not as good
as Cherry Road or the Antennas (of course!), the Milky Way and Great
Rift were easy to trace, and I was observing 13mag galaxies from 9:30
pm to 12:30 am.  Hope some of y'all got out and enjoyed this great
sky.  Supposed to be this good Tuesday night too.

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, AZ

--
Jeff Hopkins