[AZ-Observing] Re: question

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:35:38 -0700

I use a PC.  The only reason for this (in the face of many claims that MACs
are superior) is that I started out on PCs way back in the 80s, and now have
so much time and money invested in PC-specific software that it wouldn't be
efficient to change.  While I was learning the PC, I also got a chance to
play around with an Apple IIe, which at the time had far less apps
available.  For me, based on available apps at the time, it was an obvious
choice.

Although you asked about OS, I'd also like to note that I've been able to do
anything I needed in terms of image processing using Corel PhotoPaint rather
than the usual Adobe PhotoShop.  And the open-source GIMP is just about as
powerful an image processor.  Again, Corel was available long before
PhotoShop, so I just stuck with what I knew.

Dan Heim
President
Desert Foothills Astronomy Club
http://www.dfacaz.org