[AZ-Observing] Re: pictures of annular eclipse trip to Page, AZ

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 06:03:00 GMT

Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244 Rick, We were at Horseshoe Overlook the day _before_ the
eclipse. We wanted to stop by there on the way up because we heard about its
wonderful vistas and knew that we weren't going to get there on our way back
home. We did our observing from Wahweap Overlook and had some great views as
well. So we didn't cross paths at that event. Who we did see, though, were Dawn
and Chris Schur. They were set up on the north side of the knoll and we were
set up on the southeast side. The only mistake we made was that we left the
site too early which we realized as we were driving up the hill to Page. That's
when we saw the partially eclipsed sun setting behind the horizon and pulled
over to see the neat "shark's fin" in the west. I think one of us still had
room on his camera to record the sight.
Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)