[AZ-Observing] Re: pictures of annular eclipse trip to Page, AZ

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 22:24:00 -0700

Wayne,

Nice pictures. Looks like some of them were taken at Horseshoe Bend. When
were you there? Not sure if we crossed paths?

Rick Tejera (K7TEJ)
Sagauro Astronomy Club
www.saguaroastro.org
Thunderbird Amatuer Radio Club
www.w7tbc.org

Subject: [AZ-Observing] pictures of annular eclipse trip to Page, AZ

Let's see how this turns out. I haven't tried uploading images to Facebook
before. It's been a painful process...  These are the images I took from our
HAC trip to Page, AZ for the recent Annular Eclipse. I guess you click on
the below link, or if that doesn't work, copy and paste the string and
insert it into your browser's search window. Hope it works! I'm in the
turquoise shirt. I'll let my fellow travelers (Tommy, David and Gloria, and
Calvin and Chris) decide if they want to identify themselves. It was a great
time. There were about 400 people gathered at Wahweap Outlook, the weather
was perfect, the crowd was well-behaved, and the equipment worked fine. The
annular ring surprised me my turning out pretty well since all I could do
was hold my Kodak Easyshare camera behind my properly filtered binoculars
and hope that I got a decent image. Believe it or not, my favorite shot of
the bunch was the bootprint. I thought it was reminiscent of the moonlander
 's similar shot. Enjoy!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4140900485096.174665.1361194509&typ
e=3&l"2340d4f7
Clear skies,