[AZ-Observing] Re: new moon image

  • From: <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:01:15 -0700

Nice shot, Richard. Did you crop this image? I am comparing this to what I
took at 420mm focal length:

http://www.pbase.com/pegsam/image/75959776

I know your image dimensions are larger than what I posted, but I would not
have expected the Moon to be so much larger in your image.

And how did you estimate the age at 21 hours? We couldn't have been more
than 20 minutes from the timing of our shots, but both of my planetarium
programs (The Sky and Starry Night Pro) put the age at 1.09 days. Is there a
better source to get the phase and "age" of the Moon?

Sam
Tucson