[AZ-Observing] Re: negative for me on LCROSS

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:46:49 -0400

--- Keith Parizek <keithparizek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had bad seeing here in Rio Verde.  18 inch Cass at 300x.  Time cube quit
> working, cramped neck and did not see anything...

My W W V Time Cube worked, but Rascal was afraid of the static noise, so I
turned it off and used the laptop's clock.

Jenn had a 10" at 350x, Rick Tejera was nearby with an 8" at 275x, and I had
the Webcam in the 18" at 0.17 arcesconds per pixel, and it was negatives all
around.  I was able to choose every 60th frame from the video with Howard
Anderson's HandyAVI software to create a time-lapse, and that didn't show any
slow plume activity, either.

A good time was had by all.  It was nice to feel the foreign sensation of
"cold" again.

Tom