[AZ-Observing] Re: mirror re-coating

  • From: "Matt Luttinen" <mluttinen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:29:07 -0700

Stan,

Some companies include Spectrum, at
http://www.spectrum-coatings.com/telescop.htm#Telescope%20Mirrors

Clausing, at

http://www.clausing.com/

and Bob Fies, at

http://home.covad.net/~alcoat/

Bob Fies is less than half the price of the first two. Figure
~$10 per inch for Spectrum or Clausing. I recently had my 14"
mirror coated by Bob, and am satisfied. However, Mr Fies only
offers 89% AlSiO while Spectrum and Clausing offer exotic
high reflectance coatings like Diamond-Brite (Clausing).

Matt