[AZ-Observing] Re: meteorite photographed hitting Earth

  • From: "Alan Gore" <agore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:49:16 -0700

Sheryl, can you give position and direction in the sky for both of these
meteors?  This can help to determine if it is from a know shower or, as
Jeff Hopkins wrote, a real Gambardella Meteor.

We happened to be driving to dinner at the Outback and, although I missed
the meteor itself, we both saw the brilliant bluish flash in the sky. This
was in a very well-lit area, near Metrocenter, and toward the southwest.

Alan Gore