[AZ-Observing] Re: meteorite photographed hitting Earth

  • From: "Sheryl Gambardella" <drybonesaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:31:21 -0700

I came on line tonight to ask if anyone else saw the spectacularly bright
meteor tonight at 7:05 PM... and what are you talking about but meteors! I
didn't catch this on film, obviously, but saw a very bright "strobe" flash
on the house wall as I was entering and turned to see another very bright
green flash and streak ending just above the horizon due south of me. Both
the first and second were bright enough to cast a shadow. My son who was on
the north side of the house at the time also called out in surprise from the
reflected light which he thought was blue. It absolutely was the brightest
meteor I have ever seen- if it was a meteor and not de-orbited space junk.
Anyone else see this?
Sheryl Gambardella