[AZ-Observing] Re: meteorite photographed hitting Earth

  • From: "Kimball Corson" <kcorson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:51:24 -0700

Hi Joe,

But really now, why not?  Very low probability events do occur.  So
infrequently in fact, that assessing their probabilities is extremely hard.
Also, given the distance and human reaction times being what they are, I
would not have expected the photographer to know what he was photographing
at the time. If he did, then I would be more suspicious. A better report
afterwards at the scene of what was observable would have been helpful,
however.

Kimball Corson