[AZ-Observing] Re: leonids show

  • From: Brian Skiff <bas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:42:01 -0700 (MST)

     I might note that there is already discussion on sci.astro.amateur
from people coming to Arizona specifically to see the Leonids, and I know
of at least one group coming from Belgium to do the same.  They're all
asking about suitable observing sites, club sites, people to ask, etc.
     Thus I would suggest that folks in the clubs _get_your_act_together_
and agree on one or two sites for viewing, and broadcast those sites widely
through the usual channels on s.a.a. and other mailing lists, with the
Web sites showing the dates and locations prominently (like on the very
top page of the sites), with contact phone and e-mail etc.
     The current weather forecast for the period centered on the 17/18th Nov
looks favorable.  Details at:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day

\Brian
---