[AZ-Observing] Re: leonids show

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:33:50 -0700

> so the list has been fairly quiet, and i don't recall the general
consensus
> on where folks are going to watch the leonids.  was there a particular
> "popular" place chosen?  is it too cold to go up to cherry road?

Brett, and interested parties....

Anyone, please advise if this is not correct, but the consensus I have to
date is that the SAC contingent is headed to a new site called KOFA.  It is
WAY west, about 100 miles west of Phx, off of Vicksburg Rd.   Here are the
directions as per Steve Coe's Email about 2 months ago....

Drive West out I-10 to the Vicksburg Rd. Exit.  That is exit 45, which means
it is about 100 miles from central Phoenix.  Turn left (south) for 5 miles
on a good, graded dirt road.  After five miles you will see a fence and a
cattle guard with a sign that says you are enterring the KOFA wilderness.
BEFORE you cross the cattle guard, take a right (west) which is just a jeep
trail that is used to keep the fence repaired.  After about 300 yards off
the dirt road is a large open area where 25 vehicles and people can set up
with plenty of room.  There is also some overflow area on the other side of
the road.

C-Ya there, hopefully under a hailstorm of meteors........

Thad

---
with the subject: unsubscribe.

messages.  Thanks.