[AZ-Observing] informal adult evening classes

  • From: "Christine" <shuplac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:05:43 +0000

Hi, everyone!

Perhaps some of you might know someone who would be interested in this:

I'll be teaching a few informal adult astronomy classes here on Tuesday
evenings in January and March.  (I'll let you know March's schedule as soon
as it's published.)  I'll have use of the planetarium for visuals and if
there's time and the weather is clear, we'll do a little observing on our
Star Terrace afterwards.

These classes are for interested adults whose background in astronomy is
limited, geared more for beginners than for those who have been reading
books and taking classes already.

Each class can be taken independently if desired.  They start at 7 pm and
end at 9 pm.

January 8th:  Survey of the Solar System
January 15:   Great Balls of Fire -- studying stars
January 22:   Billions and Billions -- galaxies
January 29:   From Beginning to End -- of the Universe

Cost per class is $15 for ASC members and $20 for non-members, or for all
four classes it's $50 for members and $65 for non-members.

Reservations can be made by calling (602) 716-2028.

Christine Shupla
Planetarium Director
Arizona Science Center
(602) 716-2078