[AZ-Observing] Re: [hac] Sky Brightness Update for metro Sierra Vista area

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haclist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:43:11 GMT

Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244 I had a pleasant night here until moonrise. Seeing was much
better than it has been lately. I was able to resolve quite readily the double
star alpha Comae Berenices (about 0.6 arcsec separation) with my 13-inch
reflector at about 500x. I also scanned around the Virgo Cluster of Galaxies
and saw nearly 100 galaxies in the area. The transparency was surprisingly good
since smoke from the Duke Fire was blowing this way. I could see down to about
magnitude 6.5 according to the Globe at Night charts of Leo.   Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)