[AZ-Observing] greetings fellow stargazers

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ Observing" <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 09:49:05 -0700

Now that our new Desert Foothills Astronomy Club is one year old, and it looks
to me like it will continue, I thought it was time to introduce myself here
(though many of you already know me through PAS).  After being a PAS member
since the early 80's, and after too many drives into PVCC from New River for
meetings, I and good friend Roger Serrato decided it was time to start up a new
club here in the north valley.  So I let my PAS membership lapse and decided to
have a go at it.  We're about 20 members strong, and need to grow a bit more
and increase our visibility, but we're off to a good start.  Our primary
motivation was to educate people about light pollution, something we've already
begun to do.  Of course, we do the other things too, like member observing
sessions and public outreach. etc.  You can visit our website at www.dfacaz.org
to learn more about us.
So I just wanted to say "greetings" to all you fellow stargazers out there, and
I'll see you around the "forum."  Clear skies!

Dan Heim