[AZ-Observing] Re: friends and observing accidents

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:46:28 -0700

Steve Coe wrote:

> Well it would seem that Jimmy Ray and I are both finding out about =
> friends and telescopes this weekend.
>
> At midnight on Friday I slammed my right hand in the door of my car =
> while at Hovatter Road.

   Wow.  A bunch of us met up at Vekol Saturday night, and the worst
misfortune which befell us was being clouded out.  Got a good look at
Saturn through a thin layer early in the evening (through, ironically, a
CPC-11), but for the most part everyone set up and waited around to see
if the clouds which had appeared late in the afternoon would go away.
They didn't, and we left en masse about 22:30 local time.  I'll bet the
campers at the fork in the road and up by the exit at I-8 were wondering
what the heck was up as about eight vehicles passed by within a few
minutes of each other.

   Sorry to hear of the troubles others had around the state.

                                -- Mike Collins --
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx