[AZ-Observing] drive to sentinel

  • From: "Andrew Goodwin" <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:15:04 -0700

   After reading Steve's e-mail "Sentinel Crazy attack" I packed up and headed
out. I stopped and Fry's and got some cream soda, ice and munchies. After
turning on to I-10 from the 101 traffic was bumper to bumper and it was raining
HARD. The rain turned to hail by the time I inched my way to the Dysart off
ramp some 20 minutes later. Why was this happening? Are we all cursed? A call
from my wife gave me advise ... TURN BACK NOW. I could picture Steve all alone
cringing In his Subaru while illegal's pounded on his windows. Although the
"clear" skies clock did look as if it would clear, I saw a sign on the road.
Litchfield Rd 2 miles. It was 30 minutes after getting on to the I-10. I turned
on my right turn signal and inched over to the exit.
   Sure I felt a little guilty, like a wimp. I looked to the southwest and saw
a little patch of sky as lightning struck very near shaking my truck, I felt it
was a sign from above. Go home, are you crazy or something? So I made it back
home and turned on the fireplace watched some movies and ate ice-cream. Still I
wondered if Steve would appear on the side of a milk carton.
It was good to see his return e-mail. I will be over tonight.

Andrew G.