[AZ-Observing] cosmology lecture

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:36:30 -0700

Fellow Stargazers,
Here's the press release I just sent out to area newspapers. Hope to see
some of you at this upcoming DFAC meeting. Should be a fascinating talk!

The Desert Foothills Astronomy Club will host a lecture by Fr. William
Stoeger, S.J., of the Vatican Observatory. This world-class astronomer
will speak on the topic "Big Bang Cosmology, Quantum Cosmology, and the
Philosophical Idea of Creation." The meeting will be held at the North
Valley Regional Library, 40410 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway in Anthem,
Wednesday Feb 15, 6:30-8:30 pm. Doors open at 6 pm, and the meeting is
open to the public. Maps and more info are available on our website at:
http://www.dfacaz.org.

Dan Heim
President
Desert Foothills Astronomy Club