[AZ-Observing] Re: color is not important was Re: How deep can you see?

  • From: "cvsc1" <cvsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 17:34:33 -0600

As follow-up and for clarification

Where I stated
>As illumination is increased the cones start to react and discern color while
>the rods begin to protect themselves by bleaching out the pigmentation within
>the eye, which is responsible for the increased sensitivity.

This is to imply that a fully dark adapted eye has reached full pigmentation
level.

And
>your light adapted eye-sight.

Should have been
dark adapted eye-sight.

as follow-up,
the preference toward a light which emits in the red spectrum is attributed to
shortened exposure time to a more intense light.

Jack still said it best!
have a great day, and a clear night
Stan Clark
33.43N, 112.35 W