[AZ-Observing] Re: clearing? at Flatiron, hopefully

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:22:19 -0700

At 13:55 -0700 03/13/2004, Steve Coe wrote:
>Andrew, AJ, et al;
>
>Well, I am going to give it a try, hope to see some other brave souls out at
>Flatiron.  I don't think that we are going to be completely clouded out,
>maybe just peeking between passing clouds.
>
>See you there;
>Steve
>
>Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
>Saguaro Astronomy Club website
>www.saguaroastro.org

I was getting ready to pack up, but from the west side of Phoenix the
sky does not look promising. Last night I thought was going to be
good and it was clear until sunset when clouds can in from the east
not west. Many times I have seen winds change and while clear to the
west the winds swirled around and came from the east bringing lots of
clouds. These present clouds are not big solid types but more spread
out and flimsy. My gut feeling is they will be around after dark and
even increase.

I'll check again in a couple of hours before making a final decision.

Jeff
--
Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT

  Small minds speak about people * Average minds speak of events
************   Great minds speak of ideas!    ****************