[AZ-Observing] Re: best seeing sites and times

  • From: "William R Wood" <wrwood2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 18:53:53 -0700

Thanks Frank,

Yes, I have seen that scale and, in fact, I used it before switching to the
10 point scale.  Using your scale, my average seeing looks like a 2 in my
10" and a 3 in my 5".  Occasionally I get nights with 4 seeing in the 5" but
only a 3 in the 10".  I like the idea of your balcony setup.  Getting up
above the ground level probably does help quite a bit.

There are plenty of houses on top of the hills here in FH but,
unfortunately, I couldn't afford any of them ;)

Regards

Bill